S. T. Unicom wins again the 1st prize in the Product Category, for the second consecutive year, at the prestigious ABID Interiors 2008 exhibition held at the Netaji Indoor Stadium, Kolkata from 7th - 12th February 2008. We thank ABID, all the Judges and the visitors who judged S. T. Unicom's stall as the best stall in the product category.
S. T. Unicom is proud to have been associated with Hotel Green Horizon - Ranchi and congratulate them on the innauguration of their new Hotel Venture (Eco Friendly). We are priveleged to be their Furniture Designer & suppliers. We wish them all the best and thank them for the oppurtunity given to us.
Not simply a utilitarian space, your bathroom is your private place to relax and unfetter your senses.
Click here to read more.
Sun, as well as dust and grime, is destructive to fabrics. Light color fabrics generally reflect sunlight and resist fading. Dark colors absorb light and fade. Use lined window treatments, blinds, or shades to protect fabrics from the sun.
Acrylic and polyester stands up to sunlight better than other textile fibers and will retain color over time. Cotton, rayon, and acetate offer slightly less sun resistance. Acetate often is blended with silk or cotton to make it more sun-resistant.
Special Tip: If your windows face west or south, particularly if you live in a warm climate, consider professionally installed window film to diminish the damaging effects of ultraviolet rays.
Drape vs. Curtain
When is a "drape" really a "curtain"? Although the terms drapery and curtain are often used interchangeably, there is a technical difference.
Curtains are made of lightweight fabrics and most often are unlined and operable. Draperies extend to the floor, tend to be lined, and are sewn of heavier fabric.
|15-18 July 2007
Manchester Furniture Show
18-21 July 2007
Las Vegas, Nevada, US
19 – 22 July 2007
Decoration + Design Melbourne
Melbourne Exhibition Centre, Southbank, Melbourne, Australia
19 – 22 July 2007
30 July – 3 August 2007
Las Vegas World Summer Market
Las Vegas, US
We launch our much awaited premium range of complete bed room collection
Visit today to grab the introductory offer prices on our preimum bed room furniture from International Collection. These prices are valid till 30th June, 2007 only.
A new looks is given to our website - www.stunicom.com.
More new sections and additions of the latest product range has been included on the website.
We hope you would be more comfortable with the new look. We always remain, looking forward to offer you our best services and prodcuts always.
S. T. Unicom
Make a statement of royalty and importance with a tapestry bedroom chair
Our collection of accent chair has set the standard for quality and excellence in comforts and durability. Our complete selection of bed room chairs includes leather or upholstered accent chairs and traditional wood accent chairs. The accent chair or tapestry chair is the perfect addition to complete your bed room furniture decor.
Large or small rooms, furniture can make a huge difference in how the space appears. In many cases space is at a premium, hence space saving isn’t a luxury but a necessity. Do you have an increasing need to deal with limited space? Are you on a mission to ensure no space is wasted? Would you like to create an expansive living area? The answer lies in selecting suitable space saving furniture.
Economical yet classy space saving furniture allows you to make the most of a room and helps in creating a feeling of space. Take a look at how to maximize space, increase functionality of an area by choosing space saving furniture that offers multi-functionality. Get practical - specialize in the art of creating an illusion of more space. With a little work, you can optimize home space with stylish and smart space saving furniture.
The first step
Initiate the process of selecting space saving furniture by making an assessment of the space:
- The area and shape of the room
- Wall color
- Function of the room (current and future use)
- Existing set-up (furniture and upholstery)
- Essential furniture (with exceptional values like antiques)
- Total furniture replacement or partial only
- Your style – formal, casual or chic
- Willingness to mix styles in rooms
- Frequency of changing set-up
- Use for detachable/undetachable furniture
- Tailor-made or custom designed furniture
Selecting space saving furniture
- Do not purchase furniture solely on floor plan.
- Take possession of new home, live-in space and buy furniture.
- Give importance to functional aspect and then the aesthetic appeal.
- Avoid purchasing bulky furniture pieces and opt for small pieces
- As much as possible, select neutral colors (light color furniture, walls, floors etc can make a room seem bigger)
- While buying sofas/chairs consider the height of family members so that it is comfortable for all.
- Select chairs and sofas with open arms and exposed legs. Makes room appear big and airy.
- Shop smart for dual-purpose furniture.
- Select furniture with built-in storage, a great way to get more free space.
- Look for furniture that can be minimized or maximized when the need arises.
Arranging space saving furniture
- Place the biggest piece of furniture against the longest wall.
- Try and arrange furniture in a manner that no wall is swallowed up entirely by one piece of furniture.
- Remember to create balance in floor area. Do not overcrowd one part and leave the other completely vacant.
- Place smaller piece of furniture against smaller wall.
- Aim to have some balance space left on either side of the furniture
- Accessories like lamps; table etc should be fitted in the leftover space after placing larger items.
- Give ample room to walk. Keep furniture in the center of the room to the minimum.
Options for space saving furniture
Foldable, expandable, retractable, inflatable, stackable or collapsible - space saving furniture is all of this and more! The primary objective is to adjust furniture size to meet the practical need of space. Functional aspects and utility factor influence the decision-making process. Every space conscious customer has the advantage of choosing from an array of amazing innovations. A smart selection can convert bedroom into home offices or den and then back into a bedroom again as and when one requires.
- Loveseats vs. sofa: The flexibility in selecting 2 loveseats in place of a huge sofa is that it can be used together or separately- in the living room, family room, and den or in the bedroom.
- Sofa cum bed: Serves dual purpose both as seating arrangement and also a bed when not in use.
- Stool cum table: Purchase a stool that can double-up as a table when required.
- Coffee table with built-in drawers: This serves as a table as well as a display case for collectibles. An entry table with a cabinet underneath can also serve as extra storage option. Use a chest or an ottoman with storage inside as a coffee table.
- A chest or an ottoman designed with storage facility can make up for a coffee table.
- Ottoman sleeper may work like a footstool as well as a foldout single bed.
- Sturdy fabric for upholsteries: Select pleasing colors to cover upholsteries.
- Shelves / Drawers to dining room table: Design dining table with drawers underneath. You can try storage ideas such as these without compromising space.
- Wall cabinets built over bed is a smart way to store linens or books in children room
- Bookcase with multi-tiers is a stylish way of storing books.
- Wall mounted racks for the bathroom.
- Study table with file cabinets can save space as it works double duty.
We are sure that there are a lot of ways you can save space by buying the right space saving furniture. Visit our store today to see more options to save space